Friday 27 October 2017

News, and Modern Misses…



Good morning lovelies, it’s a beautiful day and I’m going to try and spend a bit of time in the garden later to get some winter pansies in and cut things back before the brown bin collection stops. I’m always a bit sad when the bedding plants die off, I love the garden to be full of colour but there was a mild frost this morning and it looks to have killed the last of them

I’ve had a busy few weeks, we had a lovely break in Venice; what a beautiful place. We didn’t have enough time to see all the islands so will definitely go back next year to do what we missed

Then we had Rolo for a week, my Daughter’s dog. He’s a sweet little thing but he’s a monkey – Manny went to my Mum’s for a rest! He likes going to his Grandma’s, he gets her undivided attention and lots of treats

Keith had an operation on his foot on Wednesday; he had a bunion but he’s never ill, never been in hospital and is a terrible patient. He’s in a lot of pain and they’ve said to try and keep it up for 3 weeks until his stitches come out. I’d happily sit there with a box set and some chocolate but he doesn’t generally watch much tv  so he’s very bored – he’s even been watching Jeremy Kyle!! I didn’t realise what a routine I have until he’s here upsetting it, we’ll be driving each other mad after a few days!

**

Something different today, LOTV have brought out some new Thoroughly Modern Miss images, there are 12, one for each month and they are a bit different from their usual style. They’re not in rubber yet until they see how popular they are but you can get digi’s or Simply Print

I’ve done a couple of mixed media workshops with Kate Crane so I thought I’d put it into practice and try a journal page, I printed the image large and paper pieced her then layered the page with inks, stencils, stamps and papers. It’s bit busy, that’s the intended effect but it’s hard to know when to stop so I’m interested to know what you think. The flowers under the cloud were an accident but I quite like how it looks like it’s raining flowers on her!

There is also a little card that I made with one of the Simply Print sheets…


LOTV Modern Miss May journal


LOTV Modern Miss April


Hope you like them, you can get the images and some extra bits on the LOTV website now

That’s it from me, thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend crafty friends


Butterfly_1_Signaturenew






28 comments:

  1. Watching Jeremy Kyle!!! my goodness your hubby must be bored, hope the pain eases soon. Tell him colouring in would help lol.
    Two beautiful cards Anne, beautifully designed. They are really so lovely, might have to purchase, have a good weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so stunning!! The layering and texture is amazing!! I love the colors!! The card is gorgeous, too!! The images are so sweet!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards Anne! The background on the first card looks amazing! We have also had such gorgeous weather today, I also made the most of it and tidied the garden.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards and great designs. My garden is still full of flowers. My Cosmos are still in full flower and all my summer flowering shrubs and perennials are also covered with flowers. Usually they had finished by now. Very strange this year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems you has been very busy, hope that now you can relax a bit. I'm so glad you liked your travel in my beautiful Italy and Venice is really fabulous :) Manny will become very fat at Grandmother's home LOL. Sorry for Keith's feet.
    Your cards are both delicious with these cute images and love the colors!! Love especially the first one, it's so romantic and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your journal page Anne...love the colours. personally I am still unsure whether I like the new images but you have certainly done them proud on both of your creations. So glad you enjoyed Venice...somewhere I would like to go. Hope hubby gets mobile soon and I know EXACTLY what you mean about hubby upsetting your routine!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. La première est magnifique !!!! J'aime vraiment beaucoup !!
    Bises
    Thaly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful creations Anne, beautiful work on your page, my favourite is the card..
    As I do not work with digi`s not fair for me to comment really, but not an image I would buy personally, you have coloured these beautifully.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like these new images and must get some. Great cards and I especially like the background on the first one... so artsy fartsy and it really reminds me of mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to add that I hope hubs mends quickly. Poor men when they get 'man pain'. Manny sounds like fun. We have two grand dogs and I could only wish I had 1/4 of that energy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous creations Anne. I hope your hubby recovers quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creations Anne. Hope Keith is back on his feet soon (and not under yours much longer!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. This is gorgeous love all the bright colours . Definetly my kind of image and there are 12 you say. Oh my happy days are here again. Of to do a bit of therapy shopping. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh this is an absolutely delightful page! So colourful - I love it! I am really playing catch up with my comments, sorry! Poor Keith! I hope he recovers soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Chris your comments seem to be going into spam I just found a few! Thanks as always for stopping by and taking the time to comment xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose