Tuesday 23 May 2017

Spring card and start of declutter…

 

 

Good afternoon all, glorious day here and forecast to stay sunny over the bank holiday which is great news!

*

I haven’t started my declutter yet because it’s too nice to be inside. It might be a long job but as you said you were interested I did take some pictures, it’s a start and once I’ve shown you my clutter I’m committed to doing it!

So, here goes, I’m kicking off with my stamps…

 

IMG_0216

…as you know my craft room is in the attic so I have these great Ikea units which fit perfectly along the sides of the room under the eaves. I am quite organised in that all the stamps are tidy and sorted, but I have so many that I haven’t a clue what I have which is why I need to index them so I can use the forgotten ones (which is probably about 80% of them if I’m honest) and also get rid of some. I’ll just highlight the stamps for now and get to the other stash as I go through it

In the unit along the top from left to right; A5 mixed clear stamps and LOTV sentiments, Stamping Bella, LOTV, Magnolia Tilda, JOFY

In the bottom unit from left to right; the pink and brown boxes contain wooden stamps which I’ll do later, the round box has other Magnolia images and minis, the spotty boxes have misc clear and rubber, then Stampin’ Up which you can’t really see

On the floor; one heart box is Christmas, other heart box is sentiments, black spotty box is small stamps and the pile is some I started sorting for selling/charity

 

IMG_0218

This is a drawer full of my favourites that I’ve brought downstairs into my new craft area

Then I also have a box the same size that are more grungy and backgrounds that I sorted for mixed media but they were under a pile of other things so no picture yet!

I just remembered I also have Papertrey and h’Anglar that are in other boxes

oh, and I have 2 more boxes for Leonie and MMCS which I keep separate so they are all together for DT work!

So there you go, my stash of stamps collected over 25 years. Is it really bad that I have so many?

*

right, moving quickly on and this is a card I made for a swap group I’m in on Facebook where the theme was Spring…

 

LOTV cartful of sunshine

 

I love this LOTV image, it’s called Cartful of Sunshine. It doesn’t really show on the picture but I coloured an extra set of flowers, cut them out and stuck them on with foam pads

Papers are NitWits ‘One Birdie Lane’ and the die/stamp set I used for the sentiment is Wplus9 (sending, hoping, wishing)

*

That was a long post for me, thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your Tuesday x

 

Butterfly_1_Signaturenew

 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Anne...well I thought I had a lot of stamps! Yours seem very tidy for clutter I have to say though.Good luck with the sort out...you do realise at the end of it all you will not remember where anything is!!..lol. Very pretty card....definitely Spring though today I have to say it is summer so we must make the most of it...the sorting/crafting can wait Anne! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne, my gosh if that's clutter you're the tidiest person I've ever seen. You have an amazing amount of stamps there.
    Your card is lovely, I do love the image and the super Summer colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "25 years of stamps" is a truly treasure :) Love seeing all these units and boxes full of them :) You are so brave to declutter your stash and selling or giving away something
    for charity.
    Your delightful card is so happy and sweet with this cute LOTV stamp, and great work with the flowers, they pop out so well! Love the diecut sentiment and the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really struggle to get rid of any of my stamps. It actually looks pretty tidy and organised already which says a lot about the state of my craft stash :D. If you decide to sell your h'Anglar stamps will you give me a shout as I've fallen in love with them but can't get them anywhere.
    Gorgeous card! Fabulous colouring and I really like the decoupage flowers in the cart. The sentiment is lovely the way you've done it. The die cut borders are so nice. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, getting rid of some is proving very hard! I've collected my h'Anglars over many years so I will definitely be keeping those but if I ever change my mind I will let you know x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous card and a pretty image. Brilliant design with the flowers.
    Craft room looks pretty tidy to me!! When I have a tidy session in my room, I forget where I have put things, then spend hours searching and cursing!! I do keep all my stamps, like you, many unused, in ring binders (have to be 4 rings). They are all labeled in type, like flowers, cute and some in designer names. But now I have run out of space to keep any more ring binders. So some are in boxes and drawers. Too hard to get rid of any, so will just have to find more space!! Will be interested in seeing what you have for sale. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - you sound very organised!

      Delete
  6. The fact that you have a craft room is a start. I have a desk in the dining room! So my stamps are hidden away in various cupboards so they're not all out on show. Although that also means that whenever hubby looks in any cupboard (in practically any room other than the bathroom) he finds something crafty in there! Love your Spring duckling card hun, and the addition of the layered flowers is lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, it does have a habit of spreading through the house!!

      Delete
  7. Oh my what a lot of stamps mind you that is over a long period. Love your Spring card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have collected a lot of stash, it's been spread over a long time but still a fabulous collection. I love how organised you are and your filing system looks so neat and tidy. I've had a bit of a blog break myself recently and only a couple of scheduled posts going live over the past month, life has gotten a bit too hectic here but hopefully I can get back in to blogging soon, as I enjoy it. You've had some lovely creations to share here over previous posts and your Spring swap card, which sits on my shelf, brightens my day every time I go into my craft room, thank you.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, yes I have yours on display too thank you x

      Delete
  9. A pretty card Anne, such a cute image and lovely summer colours.
    Your crafty stash looks very organised, good luck with your declutter.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stamps are so organised! I need to sort mine out better and to index them but don't know where to start! Looking forward to seeing how you index etc. Hoping to pick up some tips! Gorgeous card - it's seriously happy and Spring like, love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... I'd like to visit your crafting space!
    Cute card and it's so spring-like and happy. You can see the added flowers and it looks good with the dimension. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet card...love all the details.
    Lucky you to have a great crafting space!
    happy stamping,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Très jolie et une carte très fraîche ! Bravo !
    Bises
    Thaly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose