Monday 27 March 2017

My art, and new LOTV

 

 

Good morning lovely crafty friends. Did you all have a nice weekend? the weather has been beautiful here but it’s a bit cloudy today. Jess has gone off to Portugal so we have Rolo here for a week. Manny was running about with him too much and started limping so I’ve sent him to my Mums for a few days pampering, he’s getting old (aren’t we all!!) and can’t keep up with a puppy even though he tries his best and doesn’t know when to call it a day

*

As promised here are my makes from the Art Workshops last weekend. I really enjoyed this, it was so different from anything I’ve done and I love that there aren’t really any rules. Everyone followed the same instructions yet each piece was completely different. Some did their own take on it but because it was a first for me I followed quite closely with what Kassa did, she’s amazing…

IMG_9557

This is the example in progress, the light is good here so you can see the texture

IMG_9582   IMG_9586

Onto my effort, you start the rainbow of colour with pink, orange and yellow and then build it up adding in different colours. I was a bit scared when it came to adding the black but there are so many layers of paint and wax that it all blends in

IMG_9593  IMG_9596

Even the embellishment has so many little elements and layers

IMG_9591

My finished heart, I went a bit overboard with the gold but I love it!

*

This is my other make and this is deceiving too as to how many stages and layers there are, I love the bright colours. We did it on the first day and I never thought to take any pictures of it in progress – I wish I had now

 

IMG_9590

IMG_9588

Who knew an embroidery hoop could be used like this!

 

*

Onto my card today and this is a new image from LOTV, this is the popular Jasmine and this time she’s shopping. I think this image would be great for a teen…

 

LOTV Jasmine shopping

Clouds again sorry, I just love them and this time I cut the sentiment into one of them. I was going to add a sun too but it was looking a bit cluttered

The flower border die is a DooHickeys and I used Dress Shoppe papers from NitWit Collections

There are 2 new Jasmine images and some girls through the decades which are going to be on Simply Print sheets and they are a bit different.

*

Phew, that was a long post! Thanks for staying with me and thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment and let me know what you think, I love reading them

Right, time for some puppy training, he’s a little monkey and he’s clever… but he likes his own way a bit too much!

 

IMG_9682

 

Have a lovely day everyone

 

Butterfly_1_Signaturenew

22 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the workshops Anne...your makes look to have turned out really well...though I have to say would be well out of my comfort zone too! I like the look of the new Jasmine stamp and your card is lovely...I am sure she will go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Manny, hope he isn't jealous to stay at your Mum's home, while Rolo run on his home :) LOL
    Congrats for your efforts at the workshop, you have made two beautiful mixed media pieces, love expecially the embroidery hoop with the canvas inside, such fabulous work of art!!!
    Lovely card, too, so sweet with this fussi cut image and the pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a tutor I loved doing workshops. They were always great fun and loved seeing their finished projects. Love your works especially the embroidery hoop. Your card is brilliant too. Great design and love the clouds! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh your heart and hoop from your workshops are both wonderful! It sounds like you had a fab and very creative time! I love the gorgeous card too and the photo is soooooo cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Anne! Your mixed projects look amazing, can't believe it's your first go at it. I especially like the heart. You should definitely make more of these. Really great that you enjoyed yourself.
    Wonderful card too! Love the new image, definitely on my wish list. Lovely card design.
    Poor Manny wanting his second puppyhood. Roll looks so cute and well behaved like butter wouldn't melt :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. waw the haear is so stinning and just love the pretty card you made. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow some beautiful mixed media makes Anne, looks like you had a fabulous time. A gorgeous card too using these new images which I can't wait to be released, these will be so useful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fantastic mixed media projects Anne, gorgeous card! love this image and beautiful background dies used and brilliant clouds.
    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Anne, your two mixed media projects are marvellous, I love the heart especially, all the textures and colours are fabulous, your frame is beautifully done too.
    These girl images age fabulous, your card is so pretty and yes a great teen card.
    What a little cutie, lovely little dog, and how lovely Manny enjoys his company even although he gets too tired, TLC at Gran's, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous makes at your class they both look amazing I love the embroidery hoop idea Loving the new release ths is a great card your design is perfect love the inside flower paper and die Happy puppy sitting Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning mixed media projects, beautiful designs, love the heart. And your card is gorgeous, love the clouds and beautiful design.
    What a cute puppy, beautiful photo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose