Tuesday 29 March 2016

Something different…



Good afternoon everyone, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend, my hip’s been feeling better so we had a nice walk on Saturday while it was fine but boy was it chilly, you forget it’s still so early in the year!
 
Before my cards I want to show you this amazing amaryllis…
 
amaryllis
…Laila’s lovely Mum Anne bought me it when I left Lili of the Valley at the beginning of December and it’s been in flower ever since. I’ve had them before and they usually die off after one flowering or they grow too tall and need support. This has had 12 flowers and keeps coming back, it’s also on quite a short stem so is nice and neat – I’ve been thrilled with it!
*
I have a couple of cards to share today that are a bit different for me, I’ve done a few in this sort of style recently and I like them
I’ve got a box where I keep all my scraps of paper, can’t bear to throw them away and they are from years and years of crafting (it’s quite full lol!!). I just took a piece out (the green) and challenged myself to make 2 cards with it so I had to be quite sparing as it wasn’t very big!

March 2016 sailing boat
March 2016 Rosie with cake

The images are 2 of the retired Lili of the Valley stamps that have been brought back for a limited run; Sailing Boat and Rose with Cake. Rosie with Cake was always one of my favourites and is one I use regularly
The cards are quite small at 4.5 inch square and I have to say I like this size
The sentiments are from an older set by MFT (my favourite things)
*
That’s it from me, enjoy your evening everyone
 
Butterfly_1_Signature
 
PS. I haven’t been using my signature because suddenly and inexplicably it’s appearing with a black background instead of just the pink lettering and no background. I’ve put it on in case anyone can tell me why it’s doing this, I’ve used it since I started my blog and never had this problem before!
 
Anne xx
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Anne! Great use of your left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne, your bloom is gorgeous what a fabulous colour it is, it's lasting well too.
    Two gorgeous cards, love the images and well one on using your scraps of paper.
    I have signatures which do the same, and some of mine now flash when they hadn't before, so I can't use them, sorry can't help, probably a silly computer thing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two sweet cards. Great idea to make yourself use scraps. Will have to try it!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both gorgeous Anne. Love the bright green and still love the second image.
    I really ought to challenge myself also to use up all my scraps of papers - a brilliant idea.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful amaryllis and your two cards too, they are very sweet! Love your fussy-cut of the cute LOTV stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these sweet images, fablittle cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards, Anne. Great use of scraps :)
    Hugs,
    Guida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne, these cards are gorgeous. Your colouring is wonderful and i love the colour combinations you have used. Your card designs are really pretty too.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful little cards, great use of your scraps box too. Pretty colour combo's and stamped images - both gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creations Anne and gorgeous colours. lovely flower...xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each photo brought a smile! I LOve your GORgeous Amaryllis! Lucky you having it still flowering since December, mine sadly gave up early Feb, but, I shall save the bulbs for next time...Brilliant usage of scrap papers, to sweet cards and two sweet images..Love the idea of being a smaller cards too.
    Chrissyxx
    Sadly no help with your Signature! Only thing I could suggest was making a copy soos not to lose the original and seeing if it would convert from whatever it's in jpg? png> etc.,

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cards are wonderful and a great use of your paper Snippets. You could come and play in the Snippets Playground over at Pixie Di's blog.

    Hugs Sandra SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND IS HERE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two really sweet card designs Anne and your Amaryllis is just fabulous.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so beautiful Anne. Love the colour combos and your beautiful colouring.
    A lovely pic of your amaryllis.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love your cards those images are perfect.what a plant the colour is fabulous and 12 Flores is that a record I once had four !! Love and hugs Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these Anne, they're both gorgeous, and your amaryllis is lovely too. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose