Sunday 25 October 2015

All About The Base…

 

 

Evening crafters, Sunday again and it doesn’t seem like 2 minutes since I was sat here doing last weeks post…

…the clocks went back in the UK this weekend so it was dark just after 5 tonight and I don’t feel like doing much else other than getting snuggled up on the sofa in front of Strictly. Wasn’t Jay’s pulp fiction jive AMAZING by the way? as you can see from my blog name learning to jive has been top of my bucket list for many years and I live in the hope that one day I’ll persuade Keith to go along with me to a class. My favourite to date was Jill Halfpenny and her partner Darren Bennett a good few years ago although Darcey Bussell did a very elegant version (she would wouldn’t she!) with Ian Waite, I just love watching them

*

Onto this weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly and it’s…

All About The Base

…so this week we want to see different shaped base cards – anything at all that you want, apart from a square

There’s a lovely Ribbon Girl voucher up for grabs for the lucky winner and as always some inspiration from the team to get you started

ten-pound-gift-voucher

You can enter and also find all the details for the challenge on the Papertake Weekly blog

 

*

I used a Craftwork Cards base for this (I think it’s called ‘elegant’) and I used Lili of the Valley Always & Forever papers and the Wedding Couple image which is available either as a stamp or in the True Love Art Pad

 

Oct 20 - All about the base

 

We’re going to a wedding next weekend so this is for the happy couple, I made a lovely box to match and the sentiment is done on the computer

The bow die is Doohickey and the heart string is Penny Black – I also added some of favourite tulle from the Ribbon Girl which adds a lovely bit of texture

Hope you like it, thanks as always for your comments and enjoy your Sunday evening everyone

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh!!! Love this wedding card so much!!! Just amazing!! I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding card Anne! A wonderful card design and the bow and string hearts are the perfect finishing touches. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Anne! Gorgeous shape and love the papers and image!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of my favourite shapes, I love it Anne, and a lovely image too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card and love the colours. My fave wedding image too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just delightful this is still my favourite LOTV wedding stamp and the first wedding stamp I ever bought your design is so pretty its a perfect weddding card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne! It's been so long! Thanks for coming over to my blog for a visit the other day, it was so great to hear from you! Your card is just gorgeous! I love a shaped card, and that image is so beautiful. I love the papers you used with it, and in the bow and swags. I hope you get your hubby to a class and JIVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose