Thursday 18 October 2012

Anything goes …

 
 
 
 
Good morning everyone, I hope you’re going to join in with the challenge over at Lili’s Little Fairies
 
 
It’s an easy one this week …
 
‘ANYTHING GOES’ 

***
 
I’ve been playing around making tags, this is one I did using Mr Snowman which is one of our older stamps but still very popular
 
I stamped him and then cut his top half using a circular nestie as I didn’t want the full image. He’s coloured with distress inks, I’ve only had a couple of goes at this and wish I had more time to practice because I like the painted effect rather than the markers
 



October 12 023



The background was done using Stampers Anonymous snowflakes stamped randomly in distress ink, then I embossed over the whole area with a clear powder to make it shiny. I did the same for the backing circles but this time stamping the snowflakes in silver on dark card although you can’t really see them on the picture

 

The greeting is from the Christmas Circular Sentiments set, I tied the seam binding through the circles but didn’t stick them together so you can see the snowflakes on the one underneath


 
The lace and seam binding are from The Ribbon Girl and then it’s finished with a few dots of stickles (can’t resist!)
 
***

 
Make sure you pop back later to see if my blog had a prize from the blog hop   …meanwhile have a lovely day x
 



14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag. I'm a lover of stickles I can't help myself especially on Christmas things!!
    hugs Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Anne, Christmas is really fast approaching ;0)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Anne, you have just reminded that I have this snowman somewhere which I haven't inked up for ages!
    I love how you cut out part of the image and the lace looks gorgeous

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne,
    What a lovely tag,
    and love the snowman image,
    he is so cute,
    hugs
    Heather & Bronwyn x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Anne. I love the snowman. I only bought him recently and haven't inked him up yet! I love the blue snowflakes in the background too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous, this is one of my favourite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's lovely Anne, I too am trying to paint with distress inks, but need more time to practice! Your painting looks lovely.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. smashing Tag Anne - and do you know I don't think I can recall that snowman! Isn't that awful! Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag and I so love that snowman xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous tag Anne,
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeoustag Anne :-) I love this snowman,, soo cute and the details are all fabulous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWh! This is so sweet..love it:)...it was great having a natter at the show...see you on Saturday...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet tag, Anne! Love your DI colouring! Never tried it but I admire those who color so beautifully with them!
    HUgs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose