Thursday 27 September 2012

White with a hint ….

 

Good morning everyone, I can’t believe it’s a whole week since my last post – where on earth does the time go

Thank you all so much for your comments on my cards, they’re very much appreciated

 

We had a lovely weekend in Chester and were lucky with the weather, what a beautiful city. We had a day at Chester Zoo and also went to Liverpool …so three very full days!

 

The weather has been just horrendous since we got back, it’s awful to see all the floods on the news, we are fortunate here to be in an area that doesn’t get affected by it.

 

I hope you’re going to have a go at the challenge over at Lili’s Little Fairies, it’s an interesting one this week   …WHITE WITH A HINT 

You can any use Lili of the Valley image as it’s the colours that are important for this one; you should feature white as your main colour which is harder than you think (especially when you come to photographing it!) I’m looking forward to seeing the entries this week and what you come up with

 

 

Here’s the card that I made;

 

week 39 - white with a hint - 27th september edited

 

 

 

I chose blue as my second colour

I used Snow Cute, I cut him out to remove the background and then stamped a few more images and cut out the flowers. You can’t really see on the picture but the little penguin and the flowers are stuck on with Pin Flair so are raised up. I put a little yellow pearl in the centre of each flower

 

He’s sat on a hill using one of the papers from our Frosty Christmas paper pad – I love these blue and white papers and have used them a lot

 

Hope you like it, it’s hard to leave all that white space and I felt like it needed something else …but maybe sometimes less is more! 

 

 

Have a lovely day

 

12 comments:

  1. Awwwww, this is gorgeous Anne. That little cutie is number 1 on my wish list!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow
    What a sweet little card,
    loving the colour combo
    hugs
    Heather & Bronwyn x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anne :-) such a cute image and I love the paper and flowers, so pretty against the fab embossed background :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card Anne. He's so cute.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Anne - love the little hill of paper, that image is the cutest and one of my (many) faves right now, and love the use of the flowers on their own
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, such an adorable little penguin and really pretty card.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving the kind comment. It is appreciated.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really simple design and so cute and effective - love it Anne. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card, love the simple design. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card. Truly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute hun, love that little penguin he's gorgeous!..Having a lazy day today, so trying to catch up on my visits lol!! Don't seem to have much time these days as quite busy at work...hope you are well, and hope to see you at the Dome in Doncaster in a few weeks...are you going:).. hope so:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card Anne - glad you enjoyed your trip to Chester! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Anne! Glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time on your little vacation!! Gosh .. the zoo .. I haven't been to one in AGES!! We need to find time to travel and go to the Zoo for my little boy, he'd love it. :)

    CAS cards are extremely hard for me (as you probably know. LOLOL!!!), but gosh, you make them look STUNNING! I always love how the touches of color against a wall of white makes the card look so elegant and BEAUTIFUL! This is gorgeous!!! I really love it!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose